As one of the world’s leading asset managers, we are solely dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. If you're looking for challenging work, smart colleagues, and a global employer with a social conscience, explore your potential at Invesco
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
The role of the Asset Management Intern is to provide support to the Asset Management department by delivering a high level of quality for project-oriented analysis of Invesco’s real estate assets.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Work with Asset Managers to create property level operational strategies and analyze major leases, capital projects or other investment factors impacting both commercial and multifamily asset values
- Participate in existing owned asset visits, as well as acquisition and market tours
- Collect, analyze and synthesize relevant market reports and other lease or transaction related data
- Communicate with third party property management and leasing personnel, insurance and real estate tax consultants as well as other third-party providers
- Review lease submittal packages, evaluate prospective tenant businesses and credit worthiness, and perform other lease related financial analysis
- Assist in the review of client reporting deliverables and valuation models (Argus and Excel), and take part in the acquisition and disposition process, overseeing the flow of due diligence information for select investments
- Investigate and help assess new real estate technology offerings
- Assist with other ad-hoc department-wide projects as needed
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- General investment/industry knowledge of real estate as an asset class
- Excellent computer skills utilizing spreadsheet and word processing (Windows, MS Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, ARGUS a plus)
- Strong quantitative skills and detail oriented
- Ability to work under time pressure
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals including both internal and external contacts required
- Excellent organization and communication skills, both verbal and written
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- MBA in progress, graduating no sooner than Decemer 2022
FLSA (US Only): Nonexempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
All Invesco employees are subject to Invesco’s COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY FOR EMPLOYEES, which provides that employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. An exemption may be granted based on a medical contraindication or sincerely held religious belief. Fully vaccinated means that an individual has received all recommended doses of a COVID-19 vaccine that has received Emergency Use Authorization or full approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and that it has been at least two weeks since the final recommended dose.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.